MBBS, FCCP - Pulmonary Medicine, MD - TB & Chest
o M.D.(Chest), Mumbai, May 2007 T.N.Medical College and B.Y.L.Nair Hospital,Mumbai,India
o Fellow of American College of Chest Physicians(FCCP)
o Associate Member, Royal College of Physicians, London.
o Short training in Interventional Pulmonology at Franklin Square Medical Center,Baltimore,MD,USA under Dr.William Krimsky in 2009
o Trained specialist for Endobronchial ultrasound [EBUS]
o Faculty and co-ordinator for Stepwise approach to Bronchoscopy and Interventional Pulmonology course [Total 6 courses conducted at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital,Vashi,Navi Mumbai, India from 2008-2012]
o Co-ordinator T-20 “TB grand round: Case based symposium” 19/8/2012 at Hotel Trident,BKC,Mumbai,India
o Co-ordinator and Faculty for hands on training IPL 2013,2014,2015 [Interventional Pulmonology league 2013,2014,2015] at Hotel Sofitel,BKC,Mumbai, India
o Board Member, Institute of Pulmonology Medical Research and Development,Mumbai,India
o Medical Registration Number:2003031560 (Maharashtra Medical Council)
o Organizing Secretary, Second National Respiratory Update,Nov.2008, conducted at P.D.Hinduja Hospital,Mumbai,India
Publications and Research
1.Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration in lung cancer diagnosis and staging.
Vaidya PJ, Kate AH, Yasufuku K, Chhajed PN.
Expert Rev Respir Med. 2015 Feb;9(1):45-53. doi: 10.1586/17476348.2015.992784. Epub 2014 Dec 15.
2.Prevalence of gastro-esophageal reflux disease in patients with difficult to control asthma and effect of proton pump inhibitor therapy on asthma symptoms, reflux symptoms, pulmonary function and requirement for asthma medications.
Sandur V, Murugesh M, Banait V, Rathi PM, Bhatia SJ, Joshi JM, Kate A.
J Postgrad Med. 2014 Jul-Sep;60(3):282-6. doi: 10.4103/0022-3859.138754.
3.Neoadjuvant bronchoscopic intervention: bridge to lung parenchyma sparing surgery.
Kate AH, Shah PS, Shukla NB, Chhajed PN, Shetty SN.
J Cancer Res Ther. 2013 Oct-Dec;9(4):760-1. doi: 10.4103/0973-1482.126497. No abstract available.
4Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration: the standard of care for evaluation of mediastinal and hilar lymphadenopathy.
Vaidya PJ, Kate AH, Chhajed PN.
J Cancer Res Ther. 2013 Oct-Dec;9(4):549-51. doi: 10.4103/0973-1482.126430. No abstract available.
5Primary pleural synovial sarcoma: A rare cause of hemorrhagic pleural effusion in a young adult.
Sandeepa HS, Kate AH, Chaudhari P, Chavan V, Patole K, Lokeshwar N, Chhajed PN.
J Cancer Res Ther. 2013 Jul-Sep;9(3):517-9. doi: 10.4103/0973-1482.119367.
6.Interrupted inferior vena cava syndrome.
Mehta AJ, Kate AH, Gupta N, Chhajed PN.
J Assoc Physicians India. 2012 Aug;60:48-50.
7.Massive hemoptysis during pregnancy.
Chhajed PN, Kate A, Chaudhari P, Tulasigiri C, Shetty S, Kesarwani R, Jhawar N.
J Assoc Physicians India. 2011 Oct;59:660-2.
8Infraclavicular sensor site: a new promising site for transcutaneous capnography.
Chhajed PN, Chaudhari P, Tulasigeri C, Kate A, Kesarwani R, Miedinger D, Leuppi J, Baty F.
Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2012 Jul;72(4):340-2. doi: 10.3109/00365513.2012.671490. Epub 2012 Mar 24.
9Marfan syndrome with multiseptate pneumothorax and mandibular fibrous dysplasia.
Kate A, Gothi D, Joshi JM.
Lung India. 2009 Oct;26(4):146-8. doi: 10.4103/0970-2113.56353.
10. Tracheal tumour presenting as non responding Asthma. R.Singh, A.Kate, J.M.Joshi Lung India, 2007; 24:145-147
11. Laryngeal lymphoma: Before and after chemotherapy: Dr.Arvind H.Kate,Dr Sandeepa H.S. et all :Pictorial CME Journal of association of Physicians of India,November 2014,Vol.62
12. Mediastinal Lymphadenopathy in malignancy: Metastatic or Granulomatous Santhakumar Subramanian, HS Sandeepa, Parag Chaudhari, Arvind H Kate,
Sushil Kumar, Parth Shah, Prashant N Chhajed.
Journal of association of Physicians of India,July 2014,Vol.62
13. Parasitic infestation of lung: A rare cause of interstitial pneumonitis :Dr.Parth Shah,Dr Arvind H.Kate,Dr.Nora Nester,Dr.Kamlakar Patole,Dr.P.N.Chhajed : Lung India 2016;33:222-4
14. ALK positivity on pleuroscopic pleural biopsy in lung adenocarcinoma: Accepted for publication in Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics
15. Interventional bronchoscopy procedures:Impact on common diseases :Published in Austrian Journal Innere Medizin in the section of Leading opinions 2015
16. Blunt head and neck trauma with interesting Tomographic effect: Pictorial CME:Vaidya Preyas,Kate Arvind,Mehta Deval,Chawan Vikram,Chhjaed P N. Lung India2016;33:237-9
Abstracts at international conferences:
1. Miles to go and promises to keep: Audit of 155 asthmatics admitted at tertiary care center in Mumbai. Abstract presented in ERS 2009 Vienna congress.
2. Comparison between The Transcutaneous Carbon Dioxide Tension at the Infraclavicular Site with the Arterial Carbon Dioxide Tension: Abstract accepted at American Thoracic Society Annual Congress 2011
3. Resistance pattern to WHO CAT IV regimen in patients suspected of drug resistance tuberculosis presenting to a specialist office practice in Mumbai. Abstract accepted at European Respiratory society Annual Congress 2011
4. Vent Check: Spot measurement of combined oximetry and cutaneous carbon dioxide to screen for type II respiratory failure in respiratory illness. Abstract accepted at European Respiratory society Annual Congress 2011
5. Tolerance of Pirfenadone in Indian patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis-usual interstitial pneumonitis: An initial experience. Abstract accepted at European Respiratory society Annual Congress 2011
6. Pirfenidone, proton pump inhibitor acetyl cysteine (PINPOINT) therapy for IPF: Tolerance and safety profile among Indian patients: Abstract accepted at European Respiratory society Annual Congress 2012
7. Survey of bronchoscope disinfection practices by chest physicians attending IP CME in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra: Abstract accepted at European Respiratory society Annual Congress 2012
8. BiPAP in advanced IPF: Hope for palliation? : Abstract accepted at European Respiratory society Annual Congress 2012
9. Lymph node core retrieval comparison between 22 and 21 gauge EBUS-TBNA needle: Abstract accepted at European Respiratory society Annual Congress 2012
10. Bleomycin induced lung disease treated with pirfenidone: first report .Abstract accepted at American Thoracic Society Annual Congress 2012
11. Tolerance of Pirfenidone in Indian patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis-usual interstitial pneumonitis: Lower dosing? Abstract accepted at American Thoracic Society Annual Congress 2012